The name is given as "R. L. Moss" and "A.
T. Moss". It's unclear if this is the same
person, however both appear to have managed the Cliff House.
"R. L. MOSS Jr., formerly of the Cliff House"
San Francisco Chronicle - Jan 5, 1887
"Moss then came to San Francisco and run the Cliff House for a while."
San Francisco Chronicle - Oct 21, 1887
Written by Wilkins, just after the
1894 Christmas fire
SF Call - 26 Dec 1894